St Vincent College rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
OFSTED inspectors, who spent three days at St Vincent College in December 2023, have rated us ‘Good’ overall and ‘Outstanding’ for its provision for students with high needs.
The inspectors said: “Expert teachers who are passionate about their subjects inspire students to learn and love their studies.” They also praised the college’s lesson planning, inclusivity, support for students and governance.
It said of the college’s leaders: “They put impactful interventions in place provide staff with useful training and respond to students’ views to make the college better.”
Key findings in the report:
- Students enjoy the calm, happy and positive environment at the college.
- Students take pride in their work and are motivated to succeed.
- Students value the support of staff to be the best they can be.
- Students have high aspirations for their futures, whether this be higher education, employment or further training. Many display the personal qualities, resilience and confidence they need to be successful.
- Leaders have a very comprehensive understanding of the communities they serve.
- They have a clear vision and strategy to provide an inclusive education for the people of Gosport.
- Leaders, managers and staff have high ambitions for all students including those who are disadvantaged or with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Managers and staff use effective strategies to improve students’ literacy and numeracy skills. They embed these skills well into teaching across a range of subjects.
- Leaders and managers have designed a comprehensive programme of high-quality careers advice and guidance.
- Governors have a clear vision to promote social mobility and community inclusion through the education the college provides.
- Managers provide a highly inclusive range of learning programmes for students with high needs. Highly qualified and experienced staff align the curriculum to match students’ aspirations and needs closely.